Job Description: Executive Chef
The Anchor Inn Hotel is seeking the services of an experienced chef to lead and manage its kitchen team and all aspects of running a profitable restaurant kitchen. This position is available for the 2017 season.
Job duties include:
Managing a team of 6 kitchen employees
Seasonal menu planning, motor coach menu planning, group function menu planning, specialty function menu planning
All product ordering and cost control
Expediting and running the line during service
General daily dinner menu preparation
Other daily duties include trips to grocery stores and other suppliers in town.
The successful candidate should :
- be Red Seal Certified with a suitable qualification from a culinary arts or cooking school
- OR comparative proven job experience
- have a strong ability with numbers, food costing and cost control
- have completed the necessary Food Safety and First Aid training
have 5+ years' relevant experience with at least 2 years in managing a kitchen.
- Physically fit, healthy and an energetic leader and team player
- organized, can think on her/his feet and work under pressure
- is interested in food and incorprating fresh local produce
- place a high value on communicating with own team, supporting teams and management
Remuneration is competitive and includes accommodation and benefits.
Please email resumes to: