Job Description: Performer / Entertainer
Are you a jovial, outgoing, talented entertainer that can create a great time and show off the best of Newfoundland culture? You can spin a yarn, play a tune and sing a song too?
Captain's Pub at the Anchor Inn Hotel is looking for someone to perform a show 6 nights a week.
The show will be a combination of music and storytelling with the objective to share the Newfoundland and Labrador music, wit, humour and culture. While the audience is mostly tourists the local community will be a part of your audience too.
Position available from May 15th to September 30th.
To increase nightly traffic to Captain’s Pub while providing a fun and memorable experience for those attending.
- Develop the show including song list and stories
- Promote the show
- Prepare in advance for performances
- Perform Screech Ins as required
- Manage stage set-up and audio equipment
- Good interaction with audience
- Energetic and friendly
- Proven performance track record
- A love of our province
- Repertoire of traditional music
- Play at least one musica instrument
- Ability to act and entertain
- Perform 2 – 45 minute sets and Screeh’ins during break between sets for 6 nights a week.
- Small lunchtime performances (2 – 3 songs) for tour groups 2 - 3 times a week.
- Ongoing promotion of show as required
- Total time commitment approx 36 – 40 hours per week, full-time summer position.
- Weekly Salary (Based on Experience)
- Tips as received nightly
- Opportunity to sell own CDs
Send resumes and examples of work (web links or multimedia files) to: